Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Hong Kong style waffle - “Gei Dan Jai”(雞蛋仔).

One of my nephew's favorite food is “Gei Dan Jai”(雞蛋仔), the Hong Kong style waffle and he always asked his parents buy him one when he goes down to Jordan. The price in this shop is a little bit expensive than the same shop in other places (usually around HK$8), but strange that there is always a lot of people queue up in front of the shop and waiting his number is calling up to get HK$10 “Gei Dan Jai”(雞蛋仔). Thus, I decided to try it today as I passed the shop.
The shop is very tiny and looks old, no expensive decorations but with a lot of newspaper/magazine cuttings and photos with famous people. I firstly line up the queue to pay HK$10, then get a number, and wait quietly in the busy street for about 15mins… to get my “Gei Dan Jai”(雞蛋仔).
Wah, smell good...strong in egg…pick one small piece and have a bite....oh, my goodness! crispy outside but soft and warm inside. No wonder why so many people would like to spend 15mins waiting in the busy street just to get HK$10 “Gei Dan Jai”(雞蛋仔). By the way, spicy fish balls (麻辣魚蛋) are also recommended in this shop.


Waiting in a Big Big Queue.... !!!

Yummy Yummy!!
(sorry, the picture is not in good quality as I hold my carmea too close to the food)

Location: Shop A, #178 Nathan Road, Jordan (Exit D, Jordan MTR)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the one opposite Police station just at the junction of Hillwood Road and Nathan Road?

Anonymous said...

yes, that's the one!

Jatin Sethi said...

happy valentines day friends and family

 
Turbo Tagger