Friday, October 26, 2007

Be a Smart Consumer (Singapore Airline)

This is my recently personal experience want to share with you. I tried to book a flight from HK to Singapore in November because of quiet season and cheap price. Therefore, I login to “www.singaporeair.com” and found the price was labeled as HK$1200 for return. Wow... it was cheaper than budget airline, e.g. Jet Star. Therefore, I quickly input my personal information and tried to book it online. The total price is HK$1540. Hey…. How comes the fare is only HK$1100? The price is different from the advertising in the main page. Even better… I then continue the process and ready to pay by credit card. However, the transaction was terminated with problem occurred during validating my credit card information. A dialog box also prompted and suggested not book the itinerary a second time as it might cause me second charge to my payment card. Oh….what could I do? I might lose this good deal? But I need to contact Singapore Airlines office for assistance in the next day morning.

On Monday morning, I phoned the airline and gave my name and credit card number for them to check if I have made the confirmation. The answer is “NO”. I therefore tried to book it again online. Same price quoted in the main page, HK$1200. Quickly key-in all details but found out the price now HK$1640? HK$100 more… I phoned to airline and they explained HK$1100 ticket is only available to book from Friday to Sunday and online. They couldn’t help me under any special situation.

I was so annoyed and kept checking their website during the week, and found out on Tue morning that HK$1200 ticket, early afternoon flight(13:30)was gone. Only late afternoon flight(15:30)or evening flight available! Oh…oh….my flight is gone…!! >_<

I have no choice. I was thinking I could only book Jet Star for HK$1800 if I really want to go there. Therefore, I was not in a hurry and eventually I waited until Friday morning, 12:00… I login Singapore Airline and tried my lucks …. Oh, the seat for early afternoon(13:30)is available and it is still HK$1100…. I now understand how a big company doing their business!! Do you have the similar experience?

No comments:

 
Turbo Tagger